Sunday, November 20, 2011

New article: "Hillary Adams: A Brand Spanking New Poster Child"

I was moved by the horrific viral video of Texas Judge William Adams beating his then 16 year old daughter to write this article. You can see the article in its entirety by clicking here. I used the story as a way to highlight the cycle of abuse that is prevelant in domestic abuse relationships. Hillary Adams has gone on to speak very eloquently about her abuse in numerous interviews.

“I could tell because of the pattern that things were escalating again, so I set up my video camera on my dresser and covered the little red light with a scarf.” And with that one action the previously secret video Hillary Adams uploaded on YouTube has propelled her into the national spotlight as the poster child for both domestic violence and child abuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment